Recovery Act Funds for Competitive Revision Applications (Revised April 15, 2009)
NEW (April 10): Notice Regarding Competitive Revisions Using Recovery Act Funds for Applications Still Requiring Paper Submission (NOT-OD-09-83)
NIBIB details for responding to the opportunity identified in Notice Number: NOT-OD-09-058
The NIBIB plans to provide funds to support competitive revision awards (formerly competitive supplements) to currently active grants. Revision supplements involve a significant expansion of the scope or research protocol of approved and funded projects. Support for these revision applications will come from funds provided to NIH through the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 ("Recovery Act" or "ARRA"), Public Law 111-5. Please refer to the NIH Guide to Grants and Contracts Notice: NOT-OD-09-058 for a general description of this program. In addition to the information in the Guide Notice, below are NIBIB-specific details which should be considered in preparing a revision supplement request to the NIBIB.
- Acceleration of promising Quantum grant awards toward demonstrative milestones in achieving the objective of the Quantum Grant program, i.e, significant impact on health.
- Applications for which the expansion of scope will have a significant impact on the science and also on the continued viability of the research program.
- Funds will be very limited for the competitive renewal awards. NIBIB anticipates having a total of approximately $4M available for the two years.
Submission of Applications:
- Applications must be received by April 21, 2009.
- Competitive Revision applications will be considered for R01, P41, P20, U01, U54, R42, R44 and R00 grants.
Program Contacts: Submissions should be discussed with the Program Director of the parent grant. You can find your Program Director in the NIH Commons at: https://commons.era.nih.gov/commons.
Grants Management Contact:
Last Updated On 07/13/2009