Biomedical Technology Resource Centers
The National Institute of Biomedical Imaging and Bioengineering (NIBIB) supports a large network of Biomedical Technology Resource Centers (BTRCs) through the P41 grant mechanism. These Centers create critical and unique technology and methods at the forefront of their respective fields and apply them to a broad range of basic, translational and clinical research. This occurs through a synergistic interaction of technical and biomedical expertise, both within the Centers and in intensive collaborations with other leading laboratories. Scientists at these Centers ensure that NIH-funded biomedical research projects may gain access to the newest and most advanced technologies, techniques, and methodologies. The National Institute of General Medical Sciences (NIGMS) has a similar program that supports BTRCs. Details about that program can be found at Biomedical Technology Research Resources (BTRR) - National Institute of General Medical Sciences. Applicants who are interested in submitting an application to the NIGMS program need to use NIGMS application procedures rather than those in this announcement.
NIBIB Supported Centers
- Grant Application Guidelines for Biomedical Technology Resource Centers Adobe PDF (94K)
- Current Program Announcement (PAR-13-376)
- Guidelines for BTRC (P41) White Paper Adobe PDF (66K) New
- Using ASSIST to prepare and submit multi-project application to NIH Adobe PDF (23 MB)
- "Play" with ASSIST for applicants Adobe PDF (125K)
BTRC Progress Report Information
- NIBIB P41 RPPR instructions Adobe PDF (66K) New
Save the Date:
2015 Principal Investigators Meeting: March 15-17, 2015.
Theme: Impacts of P41 Centers on Basic Science, Medicine and Innovation