Interagency Modeling and Analysis Group (IMAG)
Since its creation, this group has convened monthly through virtual meetings and at various locations of the IMAG participants. All IMAG participants are involved in managing research programs in biomedical, biological and behavioral systems that require the development of new and novel modeling and analysis methods.
The purpose of the IMAG is to provide an open forum for communication among government representatives to share updates on individual programs from the various IMAG agencies, and to plan trans-agency activities that will have a broad impact on the communities served by the IMAG.
Government program officers interested in joining IMAG should contact Dr. Grace Peng.
The Multiscale Modeling (MSM) Consortium
In 2003, the IMAG recognized that the modeling community was on the forefront of thinking across the biological continuum, rather than just focusing at one scale or level of resolution. In addition, the IMAG identified a strong desire among modelers to form multi-disciplinary partnerships across varied research communities. This led to the development in 2004 of the Interagency Opportunities in Multiscale Modeling in Biomedical, Biological, and Behavioral Systems Solicitation. The 24 awardees from this solicitation subsequently formed the MultiScale Modeling (MSM) Consortium in 2006. The MSM Consortium has now grown to include over 100 projects relevant to multiscale modeling. View the Multiscale Modeling Group (MSM) List of Participants.
Since 2006, the MSM Consortium has met annually as well as during the year on-line and through virtual meetings. The MSM Consortium provides opportunities to:
- network with other MSM investigators, MSM participants, and projects;
- easily converse with program officers from ten government agencies and IMAG participants from the U.S. and Canada;
- participate in focused Working Group discussions on the wiki;
- participate in virtual scientific presentations by all Working Groups throughout the year;
- participate in annual meetings of the MSM Consortium and IMAG/MSM events;
- learn about the latest modeling and MSM-related activities from around the world; and
- access various resources for modeling
The MSM Consortium was involved in producing the IMAG Futures Report. Download PDF
All researchers are welcome to join individual MSM Consortium Working Groups by contacting the Working Group Leads listed at: Multiscale Modeling Working Groups.