The research program in the Laboratory of Molecular Imaging and Nanomedicine (LOMIN) at the National Institute of Biomedical Imaging and Bioengineering (NIBIB) emphasizes the development of molecular imaging tools for better understanding of biology, early diagnosis of disease, monitoring therapy response, and guiding drug discovery/development. LOMIN places special emphasis on high-sensitivity nanosensors for biomarker detection and theranostic nanomedicine for imaging, gene and drug delivery, and monitoring of treatment.
We are constantly seeking highly motivated recent graduates as postdoctoral fellows with expertise in one or more of the following:
- Peptide and oligonucleotide synthesis
- Protein and antibody engineering
- Cellular and molecular biology
- Nanoparticles for drug and gene delivery
- Bioconjugation chemistry (with organic synthesis background)
- PET radiochemistry (especially methodology development)
- Nanosensors for biomarker detection (including point-of-care diagnostics)
- Proteomics at nano-biointerface
- Small animal handling and multimodality imaging
- Image quantification and biomedical engineering
- Smart nanomaterials as theranostics (diagnostics, imaging, and therapy)
- Translational research (CMC, pharmacology, GLP toxicity, and IND compiling)
If you are interested, please send a letter of application, curriculum vitae, and names of three references to Dr. Xiaoyuan (Shawn) Chen at email@example.com. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; US citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. Due to the high number of applications, only those with matching qualifications will be contacted.