Bioengineering Research Partnerships
Applicants planning to submit a BRP application to the NIBIB with direct costs of $500,000 or more are reminded that they must submit a white paper (see https://www.nibib.nih.gov/research-funding/bioengineering-research-partnerships-0) and seek written agreement from the NIBIB staff at least 6 weeks prior to the application receipt date. Applicants are encouraged to contact the NIBIB staff well in advance of the 6 week deadline to discuss their planned application.
The NIBIB will only accept new or competing renewal BRP applications with direct costs less than $750,000. NIBIB will consider only applications that are directly relevant to the NIBIB mission.
Please refer to the Notice of Clarification Regarding Submissions to PAR-16-116 Bioengineering Research Partnerships (U01) (NOT-EB-16-006) for information on the change in grant mechanism for Biongineering Research Partnerships (BRP).
Areas of high programmatic interest include:
- intelligent systems design and smart modeling
- enabling nanotechnologies for designed drug and gene delivery vehicles
- in vivo optical imaging
- activatable imaging agents
- multiscale modeling in biomedical systems
- sensor and lab-on-a-chip devices for point-of-care testing
- imaging informatics
- development of engineered 3D human tissue model systems for drug discovery and development
- image-guided interventions
- in vivo microimaging of internal organs
- techniques for characterization and modification of biomaterial interfacial properties
- high-field and high speed (parallel) MRI
- high-frequency and very high-frequency ultrasound imaging and other applications
- novel sensing technologies
- enabling technologies for tissue engineering and regenerative medicine
- high-intensity focused ultrasound (HIFU) therapies or interventions
- computational analysis and simulation methods
Find points of contact for all participating NIH Institutes and Centers at Scientific and Financial Contact for NIH Bioengineering Program Announcements.
For more information about the EBRG, BRG, and BRP funding opportunities, see our Frequently Asked Questions page.