Connected Health - Mobile Health and Telehealth
This program supports the development of enabling technologies that emphasize the integration of wireless technologies with human and biological interfaces. This program includes the development of software and hardware for telehealth and mobile health studies.
The program includes the input and delivery of healthcare information digitally for the analysis or monitoring of health or disease status. The emphasis is on developing mobile health technologies driven by clinical needs and integrating these technologies in healthcare delivery, wellness and daily living.
Program priorities and areas of interest:
- Predictive: digital technologies that automatically capture information to proactively diagnose, manage, and/or deliver preventive and therapeutic care
- Pre-emptive: designing interconnected, intelligent solutions with the result in mind
- Preventative: mobile and home-based devices monitor vital signs and activities in real time and communicate with personal health record services, PCs and smartphones, caregivers and healthcare professionals
- Personalized care accessible to all communities
- Machine learning: smarter health systems that continually analyze information from multiple devices and other sources to derive insights and recommendations for the individual’s health regimes
- Artificial intelligence: analytics programs that monitor mobile device data and use rules and logic to compare against targets, track progress, and send alerts