The emphasis is on the development of medical device hardware, software, and models to improve patient health.
NIBIB interests include but are not limited to:
- implantable bioelectronic stimulators and sensors for monitoring and modulating human physiology
- wearable sensors for monitoring health vitals
- micro devices and injection systems for therapeutic delivery
- anti-bacterial and anti-coagulating coatings for implantable devices
- biohybrid devices for replacing organ function
Within one year of launching its incubator hubs, the National Institutes of Health Blueprint MedTech program has issued nine awards in its first competition cycle. The MedTech program seeks to