This program supports the development and demonstration of broadly applicable molecular materials to enable new paradigms of human health.
The emphasis is on the development of molecular materials and associated computational models for biomedical intervention.
Projects might focus on:
- elucidating important engineering design rules or key foundational principles underlying future engineering, including the use of computational methods
- prototyping or redesigning platform technologies
- characterizing (in vitro, ex vivo, or in vivo) broadly applicable technologies and prototypes
NIBIB interests include but are not limited to:
- lipid nanoparticle coatings for evading the immune system
- supramolecular polymers for targeted protein degradation
- drug conjugates for targeted drug delivery