Ultrasound: Diagnostic and Interventional
This program supports the development and improvement of technologies for diagnostic or therapeutic uses of ultrasound.
Emphasis - Diagnostic Ultrasound
The emphasis for diagnostic ultrasound is on:
- design, development and construction of transducers, transducer arrays, materials and other hardware
- image acquisition and display methods
- innovative signal processing methods and devices
- optoacoustic and thermoacoustic technology
- image-enhancement devices and methods
- ultrasound contrast agents
- image and data presentation and mapping methods
- functional imaging and image fusion.
- image guided surgery
Emphasis - Therapeutic Ultrasound
The emphasis for therapeutic ultrasound is on:
- design, development and construction of transducers, transducer arrays and other hardware
- interventional technologies
- adjunct enhancement of non-ultrasound therapy applications
- high-intensity focused ultrasound (HIFU)
- hyperthermia applications
- non-invasive or minimally invasive interventional surgical or therapy tools
- ultrasound contrast agents for therapy
- targeted drug delivery
- other interventions
Additional areas of support
- examination of parameter space
- machine/deep learning for acquisition and interpretation
- simulation and modelling
Register for program related webinars here.
No related multimedia.