Glossary of Terms
- The use of communications technologies to provide and support health care at a distance.
- An international unit to describe the strength of a magnetic field.
- The relatively experimental science of combining therapy and diagnosis into a single procedure or molecule. Towards this end, bioengineers are building multi-functional nanoparticles that can be introduced into a patient, find the site of disease, diagnose the condition, and deliver the appropriate, personalized therapy.
- An interdisciplinary and multidisciplinary field that aims at the development of biological substitutes that restore, maintain, or improve tissue function.
- Three-dimensional models of cancer cells which exhibit tumor characteristics