2019 Winners Announced!
The National Institute of Biomedical Imaging and Bioengineering (NIBIB) and VentureWell support the Design by Biomedical Undergraduate Teams (DEBUT) challenge which recognizes undergraduate excellence in biomedical design and innovation.
• Third prize: $10,000
• New! HIV/AIDS Prize: $15,000 (with funds from the NIH Office of AIDS Research) for projects that develop technology for HIV/AIDS prevention and/or care
• Venture prize: $15,000
• Design Excellence prize: $5,000
Entries will be judged on:
• Significance of the problem being addressed
• Impact on potential users and clinical care
• Innovative design
• Working prototype
VentureWell prizes will also consider:
• Market potential and economic feasibility
Winning teams will be honored at an award ceremony during the Annual Meeting of the Biomedical Engineering Society.
Submission Deadline: February 1, 2019 to May 31, 2019, 11:59 PM EDT
Winners Announced: August 27, 2019
Award Ceremony: October 2019, Annual Meeting of the Biomedical Engineering Society, Philadelphia, PA
Read the complete rules for participating in NIBIB prizes at Rules for participation for NIBIB prizes.
For further information, contact Dr. Zeynep Erim at (301) 451-4797 or Zeynep.Erim@nih.gov.