TRAINING & CAREERS
Design by Biomedical Undergraduate Teams (DEBUT) Challenge
The National Institute of Biomedical Imaging and Bioengineering (NIBIB) and VentureWell have come together to support and expand the Design by Biomedical Undergraduate Teams (DEBUT) challenge, which recognizes undergraduate excellence in biomedical design and innovation.
NIBIB-sponsored prizes: VentureWell-sponsored prizes:
• First prize: $20,000 • Venture prize: $15,000
• Second prize: $15,000 • Design Excellence prize: $5,000
• Third prize: $10,000
Entries will be judged on:
• Significance of the problem being addressed
• Impact on potential users and clinical care
• Innovative design
• Working prototype
VentureWell prizes will also consider:
• Market potential and economic feasibility
Winning teams will be honored at an award ceremony during the Annual Meeting of the Biomedical Engineering Society.
Submission Deadline: May 31, 2018, 11:59 PM EDT
Winners Announced: August 24, 2018
Award Ceremony: October 2018, Annual Meeting of the Biomedical Engineering Society, Atlanta, GA
For further information, contact Dr. Zeynep Erim at (301) 451-4797 or Zeynep.Erim@nih.gov.