- Bruce J. Tromberg, Ph.D. - Director
- Jill Heemskerk, Ph.D. - Deputy Director
- Richard D. Leapman, Ph.D. - Intramural Research Program Scientific Director
- David George, Ph.D. - Associate Director for Research Administration
- Krishna Kandarpa, M.D., Ph.D. - Director of Research Sciences and Strategic Directions
The NIBIB extramural research program brings together the research communities of biomedical imaging, bioengineering, the physical sciences, and the life sciences to advance human health. The extramural research program is organized into four divisions:
- Division of Applied Science & Technology (DAST) - Krishna Kandarpa, M.D. – Acting Director
- Division of Discovery Science and Technology (DDST) – David Rampulla, Ph.D. – Acting Director
- Division of Health Informatics Technologies (DHIT) – Behrouz Shabestari, Ph.D.- Acting Director
- Division of Interdisciplinary Training (DIDT) – Zeynep Erim, Ph.D. – Acting Director
The Intramural Research Program plays a key role in fulfilling the Institute’s mission, engaging a combination of basic, translational, and clinical science. The program comprises laboratories, sections, and core facilities, all located on the main NIH campus in Bethesda, MD.
- Laboratory of Cellular Imaging and Macromolecular Biophysics (LCIMB) – Richard Leapman, Ph.D.
- Laboratory of Molecular Imaging and Nanomedicine (LOMIN) – Xiaoyuan Chen, Ph.D.
- Molecular Tracer and Imaging Core Facility – Dale Kiesewetter, Ph.D.
- Section on Biophotonics – George Patterson, Ph.D.
- Section on High Resolution Imaging (HROI) – Hari Shroff, Ph.D.
- Section on Quantitative Medical Imaging, Carlo Pierpaoli, M.D., Ph.D.
- Trans-NIH Shared Resource on Biomedical Engineering and Physical Science (BEPS) – Nicole Morgan, Ph.D.
- Trans-NIH Shared Resource on Advanced Imaging and Microscopy (AIM) – Hari Shroff, Ph.D.