The National Institute of Biomedical Imaging and Bioengineering (NIBIB) supports a large network of National Centers for Biomedical Imaging and Bioengineering (NCBIB) through the P41 grant mechanism. These Centers create critical and unique technology and methods at the forefront of their respective fields and apply them to a broad range of basic, translational and clinical research. This occurs through a synergistic interaction of technical and biomedical expertise, both within the Centers and in intensive collaborations with other leading laboratories. Scientists at these Centers ensure that NIH-funded biomedical research projects may gain access to the newest and most advanced technologies, techniques, and methodologies. The National Institute of General Medical Sciences (NIGMS) has a similar program. Details about that program can be found at Biomedical Technology Development and Dissemination Research Centers (BTDD). Applicants who are interested in submitting an application to the NIGMS program need to use NIGMS application procedures rather than those in this announcement.
Molecular Imaging Technology Centers
December 12, 2022
2:00p - 3:30 PM EST
Join NIBIB for our new NIBIB National Technology Centers (NCBIB) Webinar Series, which is kicking off with Molecular Imaging Technology Centers! Learn about the cutting-edge technologies being developed by NIBIB-funded P41 Centers in the Molecular Imaging area and the collaborating, service, and training opportunities they offer that may benefit your own research and projects. The three centers that will be presented are:
- Center for Molecular Imaging Technology & Translation (CMITT), MGH, led by Dr. El Fakhri
- Resource for Molecular Imaging Agents in Precision Medicine, Johns Hopkins, led by Dr. Pomper
- The PET Radiotracer Translation and Resource Center (PET-RTRC), Wash U, led by Dr. Gropler
There will be a brief introduction by the Director of National Technology Centers Program, Dr. Shabestari, followed by the three talks by the center leaders and subsequent Q&A session, in which the attendees can directly ask the speakers questions. This will be live but recorded and will be made available on the NIBIB website after the event.
The webinar is open to public, but registration is required.
NIBIB Supported Centers
- Guidelines for NIBIB P41 National Centers for Biomedical Imaging and Bioengineering (NCBIB) Adobe PDF (119KB)
- Requirements for a “New” NIBIB P41 National Center Following Funding Period Limitations Adobe PDF (114KB)
- Current Program Announcement (PAR-20-169)
- NIBIB P41 NCBIB Components (JPG Image (50K)
- Using ASSIST to prepare and submit multi-project application to NIH Adobe PDF (23MB)
- "Play" with ASSIST for applicants Adobe PDF (125K)
- Download P41 White Paper Template Word DOCX (53KB) | Instructions for completing white paper
- Download P41 White Paper Budget Table Template (Excel Worksheet 35KB)