This program supports the development of tissue based in vitro tools for research, diagnostic, and therapeutic purposes. Technology developments may include, but are not limited to:
- Engineering of (human) tissues platforms to create new capabilities, such as to model diseases, screen for new drugs, and to develop diagnostics
- Quantification and validation of tissue chips and engineered tissues
- Devices to assess the function of engineered human tissues
- High-throughput assays and methods to reduce the cost, time, and complexity of tissue engineering
- Bioreactors to grow tissues and organs on a large scale
Development of tissue for implantation and regenerative medicine is supported by the NIBIB Tissue Engineering program.
Join the Tissue Chips mailing list: NIBIB_TissueChips@mail.nih.gov